View Single Post

Thread: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

1. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

Alphonse:

"The job for which I am asking your services has to do with the... circumstances of Brynne's death. It's no secret that the two of us had our differences, and I'm afraid that my political enemies will take action to frame me for it. See... the medic found vestiges of a deadly poison made from the lotus plant in his blood, and dim traces of powerful black magic lingering on his person. I had assumed an assassin, but I'm willing to hear other ideas, if you have any."

"I wish you to find out who this assassin is, and fully investigate Brynne's death. For this task, I will pay 10% of your fee upfront, in rubies, and then the remainder upon its completion. You and your companions are expected to equip yourself. You will have both Wuscfrea's and my own political support, should it be necessary."
    He looks in the pouch, then procures a single flawless ruby. "What do you say, Alphonse?"

--
    Tass:

"Sour, aye? I'll 'ave none o' that, now. I might take one o'er to Daedrim, though. Bastard loves 'is sour fruits. Says they remind 'im o' home. No wonder 'e's such a sour bastard, haha!" He slaps his side with his hand as he laughs, and your keen ears pick out the light clinking of muffled metal chains underneath his shirt.

"Ey, anytime, lassie!" He looks at you carefully for a second, then nods, seemingly reassured. "Not one o' them nobs, eh? Dun' really look like it, I dun' think. 'Ow 'bout ye jus' call me John?" He nods at the nearest group of nobles. "Tha' city folk 'ere are all ta' civ'liz'd for me, but I got to meet wit' some'un 'ere on bus'ness. Tha' little bastard's suppos'd to be at this feast, but I ain't seen 'im. Wha' brings ye 'ere to Capel Kerig?"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-21 at 08:43 PM.
    A few odds and ends.