View Single Post

Thread: What if we could swap sexes at will?

1. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What if we could swap sexes at will?

At will? Yeah. I'd go for that. A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with my trans* friends here and said I would switch and never go back.

But after ten years since choosing to remain a male, I don't think I could stay a woman forever. There are some things that I have come to enjoy about being male.

But as far as the philosophies behind it, would there even be gender discrimination?

Example:

"Sorry, ma'am. But you need to be a man to join the army and go fight the invaders."

Lady changes into man. Goes into army. What stops him from changing back after getting in? Would it even matter? I for one don't think so.

Would we still need gender identities? I don't think so. We would be one species.

But, and here is a question for you. Would this new species have a new case of dysphoria? The people who wish that they could not change at all? To remain one gender, all the time?

Because dysphoria doesn't discriminate....

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alad View Post
    Really? I always naively assumed that was one of the places that was fairly different based on sex. eh, you learn something every day.
    Nope. If you're sensitive and like playing there before, you'll like playing there after. If you don't, well. You may try it anyway, just for the sensation, but odds are it won't do anything for you.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-01-23 at 07:20 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!