Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
It really wouldn't change much biologically if you just switched chromosomes, though. Once the base structure is there, it's there.
That's where the magic comes in

And Socratov, I hate to say this, but you'd be disappointed. If your breast area isn't an erogenous zone now, it wouldn't be when you switched; it's still just your skin and you still lack the inclination to consider it a special area if it's not already.
Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Hormones and stuff change sensitivity, but not cerebral reaction. It would go from being weird to being weird and also tickling, but there is no programmed "this is arbitrarily sexy", which I surmise from the number of women who don't really have that erogenous zone and just sort of let their boyfriends play with them because the boys want to and the girls don't care one way or the other.

Really, it's one of those cultural differences that arise from considering women a different race or a subspecies; if you stop to think about it, it's saying that all women have a different sense of touch than all men. Which is vaguely true in the skin thickness/sensitivity/hormone sense, but not enough that they have sensations the menfolk can barely contemplate or fathom.

An alternate interpretation is that more men have erogenous boobs than they are given credit for though. XD
While I guess it makes sense I'd assume Socratov's (male) mind set would just enjoy the feeling of shapely, squishy, warm breasts in his hand, no matter how his breasts might feel (unless he in fact has a sensible area there)
Though, couldn't you make the argument that proper fondling would be kind of like a massage? Well, there aren't really prominent muscles in breasts, so I guess that's kind of a moot point as well. Maybe some women just enjoy it because it is a (kind of weird) way for their SO to admire their bodies. Or it really is mostly a male fantasy and I'm just trying to justify male's weird interests

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
But, and here is a question for you. Would this new species have a new case of dysphoria? The people who wish that they could not change at all? To remain one gender, all the time?
Well, I guess you could always decide to not change and we can't say for sure whether there would develop social rules forcing you to change against your will on certain occasions. But then, people will always find reasons to be unhappy. Or make others. I guess the human mind can easily come up with ways to ruin the skill.

And, yeah. Would totally still have prejudice, in fact, worse prejudice.
All likelihood, females would still be for breeding, because why give up being physically stronger in order to have curves?
More humorously, we'd all be Wyfweres! A race of women who assume the Andro– or "war form" when angered, and are probably vulnerable to silver. Or chocolate. Or diamonds. Or whatever you want to bribe/calm is down with
Having curves is cool? I guess it - again - is far fetched to speculate on sexual preference in such a species but if you just find the female form much more attractive (on yourself (and others)) why give it up? For a mediocre increase in strength and height? If you want to reach the top shelf just switch if necessary or if your groceries are too heavy. (Well, I guess you'd be required to wear uni-sex clothing at least)

I think I'd go for chocolate... least expensive and at least they are tasty. Silver and diamonds are pretty useless