Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
It's not another case where eye candy works for women too, it's a case where you're assuming eye candy works for the woman in question without actually knowing if it's true.
While I guess it's incidental evidence at best I know what her preferred type of men looks like and what her game characters often look like... which is pretty identical. Yes, I can only say it applies to her but I think its not far fetched to assume other women would also like to look at something which "fits their type" in video games in the same way fanservice-y naked women are designed for men's pleasure. (Or would you suggest women never make choices based on their desire for eye candy?)

Ah, if you meant that one specific instance, that's a different story. Although avoiding webcams and microphones shouldn't be considered weird, should it?
No, not if it's done for reasons of privacy or such. But here the intent was quite clearly to deceive the other people. The thing is... yeah if you prefer to be treated as a (wo)man on the internet, okay. But if someone asks you for pictures or such (which in my opinion already suggests a certain level of intimacy but maybe that's just me) you should be close enough to tell the truth rather than send fake pictures.
I'm sure not all of the online friends lost after the reveal acted such because they felt betrayed but I'm sure I would even if I understand the motivation behind it. I'd want my friends to be honest with me about it and work from there and not base a friendship on being deceived about such a matter. (And please let's not start on whether or not the gender/sex of a friend (should) matter(s). No, it shouldn't but quite often it does. Or at least possibly does.)

@Avilan: I'd almost laugh if it wasn't such a tragic matter.