1. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

OK, assuming that Haldir doesn't suddenly whip up everything needed for his/her region (region 3), I'm getting 3! Yay! Just to be prepared, I have drawn up a chart short description of Nyroth and it's recently-of-age ruler. Sorry that it is not as elaborate as anyone else's description, but this will have to do...

TERRAIN
    Spoiler
    Show
    The majority of Nyroth is covered in forest, but the most prominent (tallest) feature is the Barli Mountain Range, which blocks off the majority of the Eastern Border. However, the most curious is Blackrock Crater, and it's pretty obvious what this is. Rumors have it that all who enter to mine it's rich minerals are never seen again. Survivors report a large monster (think Hydralisk) in the mist, but these people are quite insane and not trustworthy. Do not talk to them.

PEOPLE
    Spoiler
    Show
    The residents of Nyroth feature silvery-white skinned humans with pink hair. They are extremely active at night, as they do not sleep and have developed night-vision. There are also tribes of lizardfolk in the forests and at the base of the mountains. These lizardfolk are loyal to the humans in every way, shape, and form. The lizardfolk serve as warriors while the humans take part in other affairs.

RESOURCES
    Spoiler
    Show
    All tradable resources in the region come from the forests, so, obviously, lumber is a primary export. But near the town of Lint (I'm not good with names), many forms of spices grow in the outskirts of the woods. These have a subtle scent that draw in moths from miles around. These moths' larvae produce a silky substance when cocooned, which, when woven, produces silk. Many other goods, such as metals and grains, are produced locally in low abundance. The Nyrothians are short on building materials and currently desire stone.

RELIGION
    Spoiler
    Show
    The majority of the population worships the Lord of Fire. The lizardfolk worship pagans of various purposes. The aristocracy worships a secret dualistic religion known as Lords of Knowledge and Night. However, the new queen, Cavindra Lilin, has plans to raise LoKaN (hey, that's a good name...) to the majority religion using unknown means.
    EDIT: as of round 3, LoKaN is the majority religion among humans. The Lizardfolk still maintain their beliefs.

POPULATION
    Spoiler
    Show
    The population is a tangled mix of humans and lizardfolk, numbering about 37,000.

TECHNOLOGY
    Spoiler
    Show
    I bet we all know what this is. "No extra techs."

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry that it is small.
    The helical lines are mountains.
    The pink splotches are forts.
    The green areas are forests.
    (red=spices)
    (yellow=silk)
    (brown=lumber)
    Lime is Nyroth's lands.
    Purple is other lands.
    Dark brown lines are roads.
    Light blue stands for human population centers (cities).

LEADER
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cavindra Lilin is 16 years old. She has a 'disease' that prevents hormones from spreading after she turns 18. basically, she's a teenager forever. Her mother died ten years previously and, because Cavindra was not of age, the chamberlain, Antoln, took charge and started an era of diplomatic silence where nobody was allowed to enter or exit Nyroth (this explains the diplomatic unavailability due to not being present the first two rounds). As mentioned previously, Cavindra's main goal is to convert her subjects to LoKaN and get rid of the Lord of Fire's pressense in her lands.

Personality Test Scores(Attributes)
    Diplomacy: 2
    Military: 2
    Curiosity: 4
    Faith: 5
    Luck: 3

Remaining Family consists of many older brothers. Succession goes to the oldest daughter, and that's how Cavindra, and not her brothers, are in charge.

If I forgot anything or made errors, please tell me. Thanks to TheWombatOfDoom for telling me how to upload the map!

EDIT: Coat of Arms
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Army Formations
    Spoiler
    Show
    'Cause why not?
    1) Standard Infantry: 600 lizardfolk swordsmen, 400 lizardfolk archers
    2) Coming soon...
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-02-06 at 12:09 AM.