[The Wall]

That magic looks familiar... You? I should have killed you when I had the chance. But for now, you can feel some pain. Blueshield took aim at the location of Aegis's horn-light, then let fly with a green-tipped acid quarrel.

She next fired her last green-tipped bolt at Rock Star. To whom it may concern: My apologies for the distraction. Hopefully, the acid would either mess up their concentration or melt through their defences, giving other archers a clear shot.

With her special shots exhausted, Blueshield turned toward her companions. "I should go. The gate needs reinforcing. Keep them occupied!" She then started heading down from the wall.

[The Clinic]

Night Jewel glanced up for a moment, hearing the sounds of hoofsteps above. "Hurry..."

Less worrying, more getting things done.

With that little bit of self-reminder, she turned her attention back to the task at hoof.

I'll have to use my invisible light spell for this. I don't have other magic of the "cast and leave going" kind, and focusing on two spells at once is a little overwhelming.

She carefully tied the spell into the matrix as a power source. She wouldn't be able to see as far in the dark or make mechanical adjustments as quickly, but it was a small price to pay.

Is that it?

Patience, girl. Do you want the spell or not?

I want it, but I don't want to be too late to prevent disaster.