1. - Top - End - #203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Fluff Thread VIII: "Khorne's Most Favourite Thread EVER"

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    I'm one of the few who actually likes the Ultras, so more about papa smurf was welcome, though again, it shows up distinct difference in writing when one primarch is all "Teh oh noes, a couple of dudes with bolters!" and another one caber tosses a titan.

I want my Primarchs to be as to astartes as astartes are to you and me, making the impossible possible and kicking reason to the curb and just generally being awesome. Some humanising is great, it gives them a different side, a point of contrast to their all conquering, all awesome all the time side, but some of the novels have gone too far for my tastes.
    Sounds like you wouldn't enjoy Descent of Angels. (I know I didn't...)

Spoiler
    Show
    Fulgrim takes down two of his Primarch brothers.
    Sanguinious snaps a Bloodthirster over his knee.
    Magnus the Red - despite being known as the Sorcerer Supreme - fistfights Leman Russ to a standstill while he has half a mind on teleporting 1,000 of his Astartes across the galaxy and into the warp.

Lion el'Johnson.... kills a Chaos Spawn. A feat later also achieved by a 15 year old mortal boy with a bolt pistol.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2014-02-01 at 01:43 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation