View Single Post

Thread: Artifacts of Shianna II

1. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Artifacts of Shianna II

Emerald informs Velka that she insists on waiting for Killian and Ariana at the very least before going out to search for an instrument. She explains that she feels very safe around Killian, and that Ariana is like her big sister, and she wants them to help her pick an instrument.

She will also make sure that she is understood when she says she does not want Cadeyrn to go with. She won't explain why, but she is very adamant about him not going.

Spoiler
    Show
    She doesn't mention Alimov at all. He may or may not attend, as he so pleases.

Emerald returns to the same store that Killian and 'Cadeyrn' brought her to less than a week before. She quickly spots the violin that she had once set her eyes on, and immediately picks it up and shows it to everyone. The violin is long and thin with wavy red and gold designs and has an Aundairian branding on it. Emerald picks up the bow of the instrument and begins playing a slow, relaxing elven tune. The girl is remarkably good with the instrument.

As she cradles the instrument into her neck and gently plays it, she speaks with the group. Her speaking does not hinder her musical talent at all. "Back in Perlexia, my mother taught me how to play music. Everyone in the village always wanted to hear me play. They all said that it helped calm their spirits after the Last W-"

Emerald suddenly stops playing the instrument when something catches her eyes. She gently sets the violin down and approaches another instrument. She bypasses everybody, not seeming to hear anything said to her. She approaches and carefully picks up a charcoal-colored wooden flute with green, thorny designs painted into it.

"I...I love it." Is all she says.

The storekeeper approaches, having noticed Emerald's glowing eyes set upon the instrument. She smiles at Emerald and says warmly, "My my! It seems like we have a match. A fine Valenar elven creation, if I do say so myself. I believe a discount is in order for you, little girl."

Emerald looks up at the storekeeper nervously, then bounces her gaze back at the flute in her hands. "That's... No, that's not necessary. Thank you, though. Really, thank you." Emerald places the flute back into the place that she found it. "I...don't know how to play it."

Spoiler
    Show
    The group can purchase the violin for 120 gold, as before.

The group also has the option to purchase the flute for 90 gold.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-02-02 at 10:31 PM.