Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
It depends on your interpretation, of course.

Well, common sense would tell me the Solars would make a defense against Gate abuse and/or come after any mortal that used it on one of them. But the player of a caster would say ''the rules don't say that happens, so it does not happen.''

Though there are lots of wrong interpretations out there....like the idea that a creature can voluntarily drop it's immunities.
I've seen the argument there, and I tend to disagree with it, but that's irrelevant. Gating solars can hang out in the corner while the wizard, perfectly within RAW, can alter self and polymorph into a ton of different things, shoot a solid fog that ends an encounter, hit golems within AMF's with a ball of fire, and do a million other things that break the game utterly. Druids are even better at this kinda thing, because most of their great stuff reads like PO, with spells like entangle, control winds, and venomfire, all doing exactly what they say. You can come up with some sort of argument for some things, maybe even some things I've listed, but there's always going to be a core of utterly ridiculous things that you have absolutely no counter-argument for, and that will be more than enough to wreck things.