View Single Post

Thread: Far Realms and Alienists

1. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Far Realms and Alienists

Alright.

Alright alright alright alright alright alright alRIGHT!

I'm sure someone, beit in here, or on some other board, has made a feat similar to my own, but I have made a Feat concerning Half-Farspawn. Especially those who want to transcend the flesh... to become pure madness incarnate. I must warn you all though, it's for those who want characters (beit PCs, or NPCs) with enough terrifying charisma to make even the bravest hero tremble.

Farspawn Apotheosis [Aberrant Feat]

"Your Half-Farspawn heritage has completely taken over, dramatically transforming your body, making you a true denizen of the Far Realm."

Prerequisites: Character Lv 12, 4 or more Aberrant Feats (excluding this one), + 18 Wisdom, Humanoid (initially, even if you have the Half-Farspawn Template), Half-Farspawn Template.

Benefits: The Benefits are appropriate to what Aberrant Feats you had, beforehand.
    Bestial Hide: Instead of your AC increasing by 1 for every 2 Aberrant Feats, it increases by 1 for each Aberrant Feat.
    Durable Form: Along with previously granted benefits that this Feat gave you, your size goes up by one (For example: A Medium monster becomes a Large monster, and becuase of the new size, Face increases by 5', Reach increases by 5', +8 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, Nat AC +2, AC and Atk -1. Calculate accordingly to size increases.)
    Inhuman Reach: Your Arms become much more flexible (beit by multiple joints, elasticty, for example); the previous -1 penalty on melee attack rolls in negated.
    Inhuman Vision: Spot check racial bonuses are now equal to two for every Aberrant Feat, and Infravision is increases by 10 ft for every Aberrant Feat you possess.
    Star Spawn:Your fly speed is equal to your base land speed (average maneuverability becomes good maneuverability). You can use flight for a number of rounds equal to 2x your Constitution Modifier (minimum of 2 rounds), between their uses, you cannot fly for 2 rounds. Resistance to cold becomes 10, Immunities concerning Starspawn remain the same.
    Warped Mind: Racial bonuses on Will saves against mind-effecting spells are abilities are now equal to the number of Aberrant Feats you havem You gain 2 psionic Power Points for each Aberrant Feat you have,
    Waterspawn: Your swimming speed becomes double your land speed. Your resistance to cold becomes 10. Other racial bonuses pertaining to the Waterspawn Feat remain the same (such as the ability to breath underwater, for example).

Apart from the above mentioned, you gain 2 additional tentacles (see Half-Farspawn Template for details on tentacles), and any reamaining abilities from the Half-Farspawn Template get transferred over.

Now... I did exclude Scavenging Gullet and Deepspawn for a few reasons. One of which being... Do you REALLY want to beef up an already disgusting, and self-explanitory feat like Scavenging Gullet? The bonuses I feel are high enough for it, as it is (Fortitude saves). And as for Deepspawn, there isn't much to improve upon for it( I was thinking of maybe adding Tramorsense for an added benefit for Deepspawn, but I don't know if it really makes a difference since you get Blindsense).

I'd like to see what you all think of this ÜBERLY-POWERFUL, but scene-setting feat for "Those who are madness incarnate, disguised in mortal flesh". I think I did a decent job. Besides, I feel that Half-Farspawn make good guardians/villains (beit mad sorcerers who dream black dreams, clerics/cultists who have inimicable plans for the world around them, or unusual fighters whose moves/fighting styles are as unusual as they are) to make a campaign unsettling, but definetly never boring.

But as mentioned before... never use them often... but if you feel like making an army of them at one point in your campaign (I suggest doing so AFTER a few minor occurances), that would be interesting too.
    Last edited by MegasquidMan; 2006-12-18 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Updating a Feat