I think 4 skill points per level is enough.

provided you give them a minor boost to some skills

for example when I re-did the NPC classes -The warrior is the 3.5 PhB Fighter with some actual class features- I gace them a minor bonus to STR and DEX based skill checks, something similar to that would be good

Id let them do a full attack as a standard actipn anywhere from the level 7 to 10 range, after all just about every class in teh game gets that ability ( except of course the one class that has fight in the name..poor fighter

ive the fighter a bonus again charms, fear,and compulsions as well.

Id also steal a couple pages from the Warlord (PF) or the Marshal (3.5) and let the fighter have some ally buff abilities not ripping off the Bard though.

A way to have the fighter inflict status conditions is needed as well, A fighte should be able to Daze, stun, fatigue, sicken, etc with his attacks as well as just doing damage.

To add onto the above suggestion. A fighter needs more than just 1 defense to go against right now, the poor fighter only ever has to attack an opponents AC, leavign FOrtitude, Reflex, and Will saves completely alone.
You could get around this by giving the Fighter Battle Cries, that can buff allies and hinder enemies, everyhwere from causing fear, to dazeing then to just general penalties to X actions just a thought though.

Im kinda neutral when it come to ToB maneuvers.. but honestly You gave the fighter waay to few martial maneuvers, they should be the kings of any martial endeavor, as stated in their class fluff. SO i think doubling the maneuvers known - at minimum- is a good start