Quote Originally Posted by DaggerPen View Post
It's been several pages, so my memory may be failing me, but didn't the original proposal call for including usernames along with the PM'd in votes for the purposes of accountability and easy vote changing?
I believe that was actually an explanation by Gray_Wolf_c. One that does alleviate my concerns over vote inaccuracy for as not-really-formal as this thread is, since individuals would be able to verify their own votes when presented like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBurr View Post
Enter any reader who wishes to get an idea of the current vote and they are completely dependent on Phantasm's schedule. Even if Phantasm posted that morning the current vote it could have already changed by the time lunch comes and anyone wishing to know the current status is using an outdated poll.
I'm not sure why the immediate availability of interim vote tallies is really a concern. I'm all for voting in posts, and letting people decide for themselves if they want to count the votes thus far or just skim the newest page or whatever; but expecting a current tally to be there seems unreasonable.

Besides....Having done interim counts here while a vote was going on, I assure you that they can and do change mid-count, even with the realtime availability of votes in posts. I don't think it's feasible to get any more responsiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
....but I would be willing to settle for literally anything else on the proviso that this thread cease the pages-long argument about voting about voting about voting about whatever immediately.
While I'm here...a few pages back, someone was asking why we can't just deal with thread problems when they happen (the subject at the time being being index clutter).

Well, this multi-page meta-vote argumentation is "dealing with thread problems when they happen". It's messy, and frequently frustrating. Which is why I'd prefer to prevent these kind of things from needing to happen in the first place.