[Soul Society]
Tsubame's holding cell

Tsubame shakes her head.

"While I can acknowledge the similarities you describe, the actual results would be different. I don't actually know what the effects of the arrows on Arrancar would be, due to physiological differences."

She flips to a blank part of the notebook, and begins creating simple but clear illustrations as she speaks.

"This is a basic Hollow after being shot by a Quincy Arrow. The arrows destabilize the Hollow's body, and being killed by them creates a chain reaction that causes the soul's structure to completely collapse. This is similar to a disintegration effect, leaving behind nothing at all that can be easily worked with."

She draws another picture.

"Hollows, at their core, are essentially highly-corrupted humans. Even a fully Hollowfied soul, however, still has human elements, simply corrupted in a manner not unlike a swollen gland. The 'Purification Arrow' selectively destroys these corrupted elements without harming salvageable aspects of the soul. If you are familiar with ancient medical practices, a rough analogy is placing maggots on an infected wound to consume the dead flesh."

One more illustration.

"This is the result. A pure human soul. It would be functionally identical to the soul at the moment of its initial transformation, albeit reduced in spiritual power and likely missing a number of memories. According to my projections, the memories most likely to be destroyed are the most traumatic ones. Even if they aren't, however, the soul will lose much of its negative emotional connection to said memories, ensuring that it can move on. The individual process will be different for each individual, but the results should be predictable, stable, and desirable."