Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
Yeah, having just finished up to episode 4, Terra sounds like she’s been right so far. I mean, yeah, I can see how someone can get a body-positivity message out of “you have to be comfortable in your own skin to unlock the full power of a Kamui” but it sort of gets ruined by
  • The sheer amount of skin that the Kamui shows, and this the wearer has to be comfortable with showing
  • All the men in-universe that are watching the fight leering and nosebleeding over the main character while she is expositing about how she figured out how the Kamui works
  • The fact that the two other girls who have been able to unlock the full power of a Kamui are (self-proclaimed, mind you) shameless and uncaring about how they look as long as they can become powerful.
Which is a fair assessment, for episode four. You need to get into the teens to get into most of the stuff I've actually mentioned. Most of the formula established up to that point winds up being quickly abandoned anyway. Kill la Kill is a totally different game after a few episodes more, and a different game after that a few episodes later, then after that, then so on...