What I somehow managed to get done this week:

Spoiler: What!? Of course I'm not angry!
Show

...and I'm definitely not about to throw a knife at you. Of course not. Whatever made you think of that?

Spoiler: ...okay, now I'm angry.
Show
Different people, though. Again, counting as 2.

Spoiler: 300 words of yet another character summary AKA my word counts are pretty pathetic
Show
Though she stands at only 5', Hinoiri makes up for her small size with her strangely watchful gaze. She has tanned skin and shortish black hair usually pried back into a stub of a ponytail.

Hinoiri is the quintessential wallflower. More silent, wary, and occasionally sardonic than just simply quiet, she enjoys the benefits her near-invisible status gives her as she can people-watch without much notice. This habit has led to her being sometimes hard set in her first misconceptions about others. Though she can converse if absolutely necessary, she'll often freeze up if you put her on the spot. As a young child, Hinoiri was blissfully unaware of the troubles coursing through her home. That is, until the day she came home from school, and her home was filled with police. There was blood staining the couch and the living room rug. And her parents... "...deliberate...suicide...murder..." Hinoiri was to go live with her aunt. Confused, empty, and alone, Hinoiri took to herself, wondering why? why do these things happen?

As she grew older, she oftentimes took to roaming the streets and parks, scribbling words and colors and observations into her notebooks, watching the people laughing and chattering away, and wondering if they were hiding problems, too.

On one of these occasions, Hinoiri came across a cat in an alleyway near her home, with a coat grey as smoke and eyes jade green. Though there were many strays in the neighborhoods, she felt particularly lonely that day, and offered him some of her food. The cat accepted, and since that day the two have been haunting the streets together, with the girl regularly bringing the cat morsels of food or pretty bits of objects. At times, though, Hinoiri feels that Kumori is more than just a simple cat...

Spoiler: 329 words of semi-coherent ramblings about notebooks
Show

Well once I tried to leave but it didn’t quite work out so I had to secretly pack my notebooks in a backpack and sneak away when everyone was distracted by the blaring colors they didn’t even notice I had disappeared like a ghost but I didn’t know where to go or what I was doing so I followed the starry trail into the night and found a small old stone house that was falling apart into millions of pieces so I decided to make it my castle. After I had cleaned up the disintegrating leaves and tried to put the stones back in their proper places I laid out all my books in rows but I had forgotten to bring my pencils so I had to return to the city and it took me all of a day to reach it. I wandered up and down the dim dark dusty streets looking for a place that sold writing tools but they don’t believe in pencils anymore only in cold electronic screens and they have lost much. Finally I reached the end of an alley and there was a tiny store and the lady running it was rather young and she had trays and trays of pencils and pens and nibs and notebooks and paper so I guess there is hope for them. I bought six pencils and a pen for a dollar a story and a song, and also a book because there was so much of the tale to tell that I needed a fresh expanse of white. And I thanked her and she smiled and we shared a moment as lovers of analog of pen and paper and dreams and then I left and headed back to the house the stars slowly faded on and there were my books and I was home. I dipped my pen in the deep indigo ink of the night and began to dream on a page…

Spoiler: Shadows
Show