1. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Fluff Thread VIII: "Khorne's Most Favourite Thread EVER"

Lots to reply to

Quote Originally Posted by bluntpencil View Post
    Being powerful does not make one a God. Is Superman a deity?
    A good question, Superman is often refered to as being a god (if only in metaphor in his comics). I would just say Superman is not immortal and doesn't gain power from being worshipped

Posted by Wraith
    See above for the definition of Sorcery (hint: It's not the same thing as "magic"
    But it is. As I said the Warp is the source of all magic in the 40K universe, calling it Sorcery doesn't change the fact that this is what it is. Energy from another realm that performs changes impossible by normal means
    GolemsVoice put it better than me

They are not magical - the Warp is a state of energy which can be, and is, manipulated, coerced, controlled and exploited via technological means.
    The amount sentient beings can 'control' the Warp with technology is equivalent to dipping one's toe in the ocean and saying you control it. And it often goes wrong even then

Though they are unfathomable and wield enormous power, they are nevertheless sufficiently dependent on sustenance (in the form of emotion and worship) to be considered "mortal". Without this sustenance they wither and die.
    Most gods in fiction are considered dependent on worship, it is arguably one of the defining features of a god

Posted by Cheesegear
    Chaos 'Gods'; The most powerful Daemons in existence. They are definitely not 'Gods'.
    Define what a god is then please

And i just missed the film I was going to see
    Damn you for dragging me into this interesting argument, you will all rue the day
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2014-02-11 at 07:58 AM.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem