1. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Quote-based worldbuilding. Original? Perhaps!

"At first I thought it was a mountain... till it woke up; then it flew. It had to be some beast of darkness because by the light nothing so big should fly. Nor should it raze towns to the ground through breath alone."
    -Unknown Vilend scribe, on seeing a war-fortress of the Kharaksir Dwarves take off*

*Let's make Kharabinth a dwarven city in Kharaksir. Mordruil is a dwarf, but Kharabinth is pretty cosmopolitan.

e: capturing missed quote:
    "Thunder, brimstone, burning ash.
    Mortal fear returns like a lash.

The Men shall watch, fear in their eyes,
    as Dragonfire ignites the skies."

-Drahmus, a prophet of Mahanir, giving the prophecy of the Fall of Northmoor. Some scholars, though, suspect that the prophecy may not refer to this event at all, as nothing else Drahmus prophecied came to pass for more than two centuries after that event, at which point nearly a dozen of his prophecies were fulfilled.

"Listen, if I could leave this place behind I would, but these folks here, for better or worse? They're who I belong with. I'll be alright. You too. Now get on out of here."
    Last edited by unbeliever536; 2014-02-11 at 10:00 PM.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew: