Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Tired, indeed! That was tml from HTML, and either the phone or myself screwed it up. Sorry.
Ah, ok. Well, I'm pretty sure I've answered that since then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I understand your upgrading the whole board. But i expect an upgrade to improve the usability of basic functions, not degrade them. if it does degrade them, i'm going to assume it's degraded a bunch of other stuff, or at least failed to improve them.
This is one specific change in an entire upgrade, one change we are announcing specifically because of how drastically different it is. We're making the upgrade because the new version is, on the whole, going to be better for us at this present time.

While I personally prefer the current TABLE format (except for the messy BR situation) in a lot of ways (simplicity and ease of use is preferable), this new code is actually an improvement in many other ways: It now aligns much closer with the standard (as seen in the HTML you are formatting), it provides many more options, it will be easier for us to customise/create layout improvements you can use, and it will be easier to get it the way you want it to look.

It's a trade off that many others have already expressed preferring.