No. Sadly, no. At least not on the beach. The wreck of the Sea Wyvern lies 200 feet away from shore, partially submerged.

Amella is sitting with her legs out in front of her, staring blankly. Morosely, she says, "Nitwitted ninepins, the sea gods that broke our ship and put us here."

Then angrily she springs to her feet and with a froth, angrily flips the sky a double bird. "Thrice-damned, aerial-aquatic autocrats!"

She then slowly turns to Skald accusingly with her finger when her jaw drops. She then works up into a cursing fit of indescribable proportions and from gritting teeth to rising pitch. For the sake of our lady present, we shall substitute: [SIZE="1""]Koua[/SIZE] Kouakouin Kouinkouin Koua Kouin Koua!"

"I knew it! I knew it, you ARE Cursed. Druid of the Storms, huh? Here we are, Skald, here we are. How many had to die in combat on this voyage ... how many hands have we lost with the wreck ... but you had to be the dead albatross and you fooled Lady Lavinia into believing you to be an honorable man? An honorable... MAN. Ha! Well, I guess we can all see that one, can't we. I'm as much elf as you are a fairy, fairy! What are you? Doc always aspired to be more, and now he is something else. But you? You're more of a freak now than you ever were. And now if we're to survive, it seems we may have to lug you around the jungle, city-boy.

"And what the Gobbledgook is it with these changes, anyway? And why do the four of you,"
and here she points to Doc, Eshalyn, Skald, and Tom, "even have these these new things?"

Somehow, much to everyone's chagrin, the demanding noble Avner Meravanchi survived. What's more, even his horse Thunderstrike - in a stall in the lower hold - survived! He is riding around, raging, while beginning to stir up fear, panic, and anger among the few surviving passengers. "Where's the captain? I demand to see the captain, you incompetent sods! What has he done to us? He nearly killed us all, the bastard! And my two servants, Barnaby Chisk and Quenge Asper? Gone! Do you know how much money I invested into this trip? Who among you is the ranking officer right now? I demand restitution!"

The current group on the beach is Lord Merivanchi (and Thunderstrike), Shouting Tree (and his jaguar survived as well), Doc Cohen, Tom Underhill, Skald, Eshalyn, Amella, and a handful of passengers. That's it for the beach.
Spoiler
Show
You know how in movies there are more or less of a "background crowd" as needed for the plot? Take MULAN for example. There's a whole army training. Then a few of them. When you get to the mountain scene, where is the army? But at the final march at the end, there's the army again. Same thing with the movie KING KONG ... which is surprisingly closer to things here.

Yup, as far as the 23 passengers that originally set out with you, you know they're getting fewer and fewer, but you never are quite sure how few is few. We call this ... willing suspension of disbelief/ dramatic licensing. However, the "passenger pool" of NPCs should still always be considered.

Oh, and Tavey Nesk (the cabin boy who was assigned to Sadi Fleggins in the scullery).

The party is only just getting its bearings when there is a low thud. But most miss it. Then there it is again, this time people are looking around because they might hear it. It continues, getting louder each time, and the create water basins begin to ripple ... indicating something big.

Everyone hears the trees of the canopy rustling, shaking, and even creaking and breaking. Finally, a creature emerges from the jungle. This creature is GARGANTUAN! More massive than anything any of you have ever seen. It is a bipedal, lizard-like monstrosity. It's claws are tiny compared to the rest of it, but the enormous head is practically all teeth.

You can have weapons out, shields armed, and even spears readied. Everyone gets to ready an action or wait to go on intiative to see how things go and get a full action. The party is not in a nice, neat, dungeon-crawling line but rather sprawled along the beach.

Roll intiative.