Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
No you don't. I'm not even going to attempt to assign individual weightings to anything but say rings, which would be a simple binary as to whether or not they factor (really, most of the defensive rings aren't even worth accounting for). Yes, it's not a perfect system and I straight up said as much: your PvE slaughtering greatsword is at a disadvantage against the PvP focused Chaos Blade, Estoc or Gold Tracer, as is Lightning Spear vs Dark Bead, but at least with comparable quality gear you have a fighting chance as opposed to none at all; that's miles ahead of the current system. As for 'exploits' they're available to PvEers as well, besides their subjectivity; I don't recognize that as an issue.
IN DkS2, it looks like all gear will be based on scaling, anyway.

They're exploits. Using them constitutes intentionally using an error in programming. It's not necessary for playing against a boss to weapon swap out of a stagger animation or whatever. It's something you would have to learn in PvP to fight in PvP for little to no gain on your part if you're a PvEer. Some old exploits were specific to PvPers, like dragon head glitching.

I wouldn't be against a ladder system personally, but that said, PvPers going up against PvEers are often heading into a 2 or 3 v 1, so I'm not sure how necessary it is, besides one of the core tenants of Dark Souls being hard lessons and progress through pain.
Ladders would be great.

The lessons learned in PvP don't work in PvE. It's PvP for its own sake rather than something beneficial for the PvEer. So, where's my lesson? I just got dragon head glitched off a cliff. I just got crystal soul speared before knowing he was casting due to lag. I was playing a PvE tank build and I got stabbed in the back until dead. These aren't things that happen to me just playing the game.