Against my better judgement I'm on my PC. I was hoping to have my actions finalized by now because I have to do a half day of work today and am visiting a friend tomorrow...

Well I'll respond, pull on my boots and leave for about... Ten or so hours, maybe less. I'll have my tablet so those who are PMing me can still PM me, but I can't delete things on there, nor can I reliably multiquote.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
Marriage will probably not be enough.
Oh really? /steeples fingers and grins

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
I've thought about the whole translation language thing myself and decided out of character it's purely for convenience.
In character, I've run with the assumption from the start as nothing to the contrary was stated and nobody else seemed to have thought of the idea first. Though Tekorvanin use different modes of Common depending on who they're talking to. Casual, Polite and Formal. Totally didn't rip it from Japanese...

Our Aristocracies and Royal Families however speak High Speech. The Yorukuninin Aristocracies and Royal Family have similarly picked up High Speech for Diplomacy reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
Looks like the GC is conquering the Heartwaste and Eyrecradia again.
Actually, technically Kasumor is alone attacking 4B. He's basically flexing his muscles because there's a new neighbour he doesn't like.

Heartwaste is still a bit up in the air... I hope. I'd prefer not to have to start a war with Guilder over it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
Even still, if the heirs of Tekorva and The Heartwastes marry, then those nations merge and you're actually attacking Tekorva's nation, no C'nor's. It's a viable tactic, and one of the reasons I assume people have intermarried. If your plans are still to invade the country should that happen, that's still fine, and totally allowed. Tekorva's just marrying into a crazy situation.
They are betrothed and I'm reasonably certain the marriage is a non-action as we spent one betrothing them in the first place? The marriage is finalized this round.

Yes. Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
As "minimal impact" as toppling a nation with staunch allies can be, you mean.

(PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA)
Touche. 「I don't have access to the accented 'e' right now」

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
Agreed, the game's called "EMPIRE!" for a reason and I'm of the mind that less active nations who aren't actively engaging in the game are minimal-impact, to use Sam's words, targets.
I disagree. Some of these less active nations are allied with the more active nations and for you to target them is indirectly targetting the more active nations. It's not really different.

In fact, working with these less active nations who may or may not communicate well is theoretically more frustrating so...

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
I nearly cried writing his death post...
Also, printing press.
The manliest of tears. I am glad you're getting so involved... Maybe?
You sneaky beggar. ;)

I was invading before he capitulated, so it's not Tekorva's yet. Though I'm interested to hear where Tekorva stands on this.
Sorry about being a pain, but my Empire's name is Sanctuary. I was secretly colonizing 17B and it became active this round. That's why we suddenly have a 'High Prince of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary' and why my signature has been funky for ages.

Foreshadowing it was! Confusing... Yes. Sorry guys!

Shhhh! Wombat! I wanted to watch them try to pretend they're not trying to harm the GC! :smalltongue

And yes, I'll talk to RD, because I don't want to step on anyone's toes if I can avoid it.
I'm not.
It's a good thing I didn't roll those five military rolls with my secret maxed army until near the round end.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
As for pressing the marriage claim, I've already relayed to Rain Dragon some mechanics that could be used for that if he wishes to do that, but I may yet change those. I'll try to finalize them before next round start.
Thank you. I am /definitely/ pressing those next round when I can do so. This round, unfortunately, it is impossible 「unless the mechanics change」.

I've just cleared out my inbox, so anyone can be free to PM me about this.