(Hmmmm. I learn more. Initially, I figured that Drain Life was necessary to cope with the Warlock's weaknesses--being prone to taking damage. The reasoning behind Dwarf makes a lot of sense, though. I didn't realize it was so incredibly valued--I knew it was a good card, but didn't consider how much so.)

Okay. Sticky situation. Hoppy murloc by the table, night elf staring me down, and this giant swamp thing with the funny shirt is stepping my way. What's wrong with my life? Fortunately, somebody makes the mistake of getting the night elf's attention--and a little more than they bargained for. The murloc scurries off, and the swamp creature steps up.

"Adventure," it rumbles. "XP."

"Right here on the line!" I explain, then look around to see what's next.

Spoiler: Picks
Show

Fen Creeper!

Oracles: Hellfire 2x, Soulfire 2x, Earthen Ring Farseer, Blood Imp, Nightblade, Alarm-O-Bot (oh good gracious), Sylvanus Windrunner, ANGRY CHICKEN, Murloc Raider, Siphon Soul, Tinkmaster Overspark, Jaraxxus, Bloodmage Thalnos

I take some time to consult my books and scribble together an effective summoning for one of my old reliable friends. I put in a little extra effort to make sure it catches the infernal at a convenient time, somewhere between tending fires and handling condemnations. And when I looked up? My hired wolf-rider had found a sullen buddy and signed her up as well.

Spoiler
Show

Dread Infernal over Scarlet Crusader and Silvermoon Guardian (I was a bit uncertain here, but getting a solid-strong character that doubles as a Whirlwind is what I want, I'm thinking. I continue to learn the mystery of drafting...)
Wolfrider over Novice Engineer and Mogu'shan Warden (*sigh*)

I look up, and there's another murloc wander by the table, one who looks a lot more in-charge and experienced than the little hopper. That's better. But the fella's looking everywhere, all nervously. Like there's somebody just around the corner. Okay, then. I'm not sure if this one's for me. Then the murloc gives a startled jump.

There's a crab! It scuttles around, snapping at the murloc...very voraciously, in fact. It's also probably the clumsiest crab I've seen. Blazing brimstone--the thing's lagging by at least half a second! Oh, well, there it goes. Chasing the murloc in circles. If I wanted to, I could probably let them be.

Can't say the same for--whatever--comes by--next. What...is...that? It's tall, slim, and has really freaky armor...and there's just something...off...about it. I can't even stand to look it in the eye. Am I shaking? I'm not shaking! I'm just going to have a look, pick someone for the team, and that'll be it!

It's not gonna be that last one, right?

I hope. Voices? Please don't do the scary thing.

Spoiler: Pick #9
Show

Murloc Warleader: Gives a big buff to all the other murlocs I have on the board.
Hungry Crab:: Eats a murloc to gain a sizeable buff; also a cheap minion. That's a horrific misuse of causal logic, by the way.
Faceless Manipulator: Copy another minion. Full stop.

Pick well, and oracle better! Also, I think that "every third pick" manages to hit the rarer cards pretty frequently.

Vote Goal: 6 votes
Hard Deadline: 8 PM 3/6 (UTC-6/CST)