View Single Post

Thread: Erfworld Thread III: As the Erf Turns

1. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld Thread III: As the Erf Turns

Interesting signamancy in the sides' names there: Delkey, which deletes whatever comes after, and Homekey, which returns to the starting point. (Although I do agree with the idea that as a story made for a backer, this will most likely have a happy-ish ending.)

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I would not be the least bit surprised if that is Posbrake's rephrasing based on his own understanding, not the original wording, and it's easy to imagine wording that could be interpreted either way.
    I would, unless we're going to learn the actual wording of the Prediction shortly. It doesn't strike me as good storytelling to present a Prediction worded one way to the readers and then, when it doesn't come to pass, say, "Oh wait, that wasn't what it said after all."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    What I don't understand is why they are this concerned about this. The Prediction wording we were given does not even say they are going to lose to this attack. Even if Posbrake used his own words, and the original said that Homekey was going to fall, they could just change the capital and have Posbrake relocate to the new one. Sure, that's a setback, given that Homekey is their best city, but given their "wide" strategy, it is the kind of setback they should be able to roll with (occasional setbacks of that sort are a natural part of their strategy anyway). Heck, if the attacker does not sack the city, they could just retake it, anyway.
    Perhaps he's concerned because the side that appears most likely to attack them from the air is Delkey, and despite the current tensions Posbrake would rather not fight his parent side. There could also be another Prediction that we haven't heard about yet:

Posbrake closed his eyes and smiled, nodding. “You are ordered to keep the following secret from everyone but me and Chief Bucky. Eight turns ago, we hired a Predictamancer out of the Magic Kingdom. He made several Predictions for us.”
    (Emphasis added.)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Though now that I think about it, I think for a warlord to found a new site, that warlord has to be Royal.
    Where does that come from? The warlord who founded Haffaton was called Overlord, not King. It could be a case like Lord Crush, I guess, but we haven't seen any evidence for that AFAIK.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 2014-03-05 at 12:49 PM.
    Avatar by Tom Siddell, author and artist of Gunnerkrigg Court.