View Single Post

Thread: Dark Souls II: The Thread, AND the Game!

1. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Souls II: The Thread, Not the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Heh. I saw a video about Dark Souls lore. It was purely speculative and mostly unconnected to any actual facts, but it did raise one curious possibility:

Spoiler
    Show
    What if the serpent who convinced the people of Oolacile to upturn Manus' grave wasn't Kaathe, but Frampt? He may have hoped to use the Dark Soul to keep the First Flame going, as time was running out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not clear which of the two serpents it was, or if it was even Frampt or Kaathe, but considering the Lord of Dark ending had like ten serpents at the end suggests that the serpents are manipulating everything for reasons unknown, so, it doesn't really matter if it's one of the two (although it'd be interesting), what matters is that the world's going to sh!t and the serpents are puppeteering the situation into their favor, whatever that might be for. The thing is we don't know, but for all we can guess they might be a hivemind connected at the root, or perhaps they are actually individuals trying to gain something out of the dying of the flame, but our lack of clear information on them leads to little but speculation as to their purpose.

Shiva'd
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2014-03-09 at 04:58 PM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.