1. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments III - We've Left a Banana In Charge

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    From a RAW stanpoint there isn't even a rule for removing anything (ok, there is D to handle contradictions and E for redundancy), but F only highlights how to decide whether to add something or not. But it doesn't say anything about actually removing something.

But imo if there is something that is outside the rules, it should be removed without needing a discussion.
    While the rules don't spell out the process for removing an entry, I do believe that a desire to remove an entry constitutes disagreement about its inclusion, so F3 and F4 would apply.

And F3 says the curator can't fully reject a comment's inclusion. Which is what me removing a comment (like any comment made in the Geekademia transcript) without consensus would be. Even if the intent was to remove something not in accordance with the other rules, it would still be a violation of F3 for me to do so without establishing consensus.

So I'd have to break a rule to enforce a rule. It's a little unusual, but I think F3 reinforces that the curator is supposed to be a facilitator, and not a final judge. And being able to freely reject an entry after its inclusion would make any restrictions about rejecting them before their inclusion meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    BTW, does anyone have stats for a banana PC? I'd imagine it would have the usual plant characteristics and some natural armor that's ignored by slashing weapons, but I'm not sure what else.
    I was thinking +2 Con, DR 3/slashing or bludgeoning, 2 Plant Hit Dice (2d8+{2*Con} hit points, +1 BAB, +3 base Fort save, 5*{2+int} skill points), +2 racial bonus on Balance and Escape Artist checks, 5 automatic ranks in Balance (so they aren't flatfooted while trying not to slip on their own peels)....Not sure what the "class" skills for their Plant hit dice would be, though; Balance is implied since they'd start with max ranks and Escape Artist makes sense given the bonus, but I'm not sure what else I'd give them.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2014-03-10 at 08:32 PM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas