1. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Typical Werewolf - Loosely Based on Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Snip
    My method used rounds (a complete in game day and night) and glossed over certain details (the big one being the game will certainly end BEFORE Day 15), but if you take my word count per player per round of 2489 and divide by the number of days in that round (3 for day phase, 2 for night phase, gives us 5 per round), you get 497ish per player per DAY, which is pretty close to your estimate. Though my method only requires one line of input in Mathematica to solve and can take any number of players or any desired word count. Am I competitive? .... maybe

Also, if we want to get REAL complex, we can run simulations to determine the general expected outcome on the exact day the game would end and run our calculations using that as our end round, instead of assuming the highly unlikely case that the game goes to the very last villager/wolf. In any case, our figured word count per player per day of about 450-500 words is likely going to go up... for instance, if the game ends Round 7 (which is way more likely than Round 15), word count goes up to 3479ish per round or 696 per day.
    Last edited by LoP; 2014-03-12 at 09:10 PM.