One big spoiler for everything.
Actually how long after an episode should we use spoilers?

Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
Also Jaime Alexander clearly needs good direction, an intimidating presence she is not. Compared to Ming Na's portrayal of May, it's so very underwhelming.
And compare May to Ming-Na's character in some other shows like SG:Universe, who is basically May's opposite, played by the same actress. Some people are clearly more talented than others. Ming-Na is among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
And WHY did Ward just let Lorelei come up to him and touch him? I mean come on, they told you she needed to touch strong willed individual men to convert them. He had his night-night gun aimed RIGHT at her. Why not just shoot her repeatedly? It's not going to kill her. These aren't cops using less-lethal weapons where you're supposed to be showing restraint. We're talking super-villain evil beings and you're a black ops government agency with weapons that magically have no consequences. These guys would be shooting first ALL the time.
Thought the same thing when watching the scene. But i think that indeed her voice had already some effect, we can see Ward hesitating even before she touch him. He should have shot her before she open her mouth.
May also seems to be the super rational cold person, yet she decides to break up with Ward because he did bad things while completely mind controlled? Sif told her an Asgardian she was close to couldn't resist Lorelei's powers, so why would Ward be any different?
I'm pretty sure she dumped him because she was confirmed that he wanted Skye more. It was obvious in the first episode, notably to May. It went off because of Skye's treason, and her relationship with hacker guy.
I'm also somewhat confused as to why Coulson is so freaked out over alien blood/juice/whatever being used to bring him back. Enough that he was willing to let Skye die to not have it in her. At least Skye brings him back to reality in saying "uh we're alive and nothing bad seems to be happening to you".
More freak out because he don't know at all what's going on and what could be the consequences.
Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Lorelei is coming back in a movie. Odin specifically wanted her alive, and Odin is Loki right now so...
Pretty sure that Loki want to use her and her power in some way.
Also, I like how it seems that May is a double agent. It's a nice twist that I did NOT see coming.
Totally agree. Maybe not a double agent per se since i believe she actually watching Coulson for Fury.
Finally, a theory. Skye was named Skye because "She's the sky child". The villagers that were taking care of her knew to some degree that she was of alien origin, and thus named her as such.
No sure, Skye seems to have chosen her own name after having erased herself from all records. At least it was implied at some point in the first episodes, IIRC.
Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
As per the contract to have an action drama series exist on television, we hereby submit our obligatory male-bashing episode.
I resented it the same way at the moment.
Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
Well, not Incubus as in violent rapist. As in male creature using the Succubus MO in mind controlling women by seduction.
Because that would raise an awful lot of furious rants about it being a misogynistic woman-bashing rape-endorsing thing.