Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
Alyssa shook her head reprovingly at Nan. "Our companions did not leave for fear ... they were called back to assist Manzorian. There is no shame in that. But I am sure the road will become more arduous before it becomes easier."
Nan tilts her head, clearly taken aback by Alyssa's response.

"Of course, all serve in different ways. I meant no disrespect to your friends. And if there was one good thing to come out of the awful moments of that battle, it was watching you and the others face such horrors with such grace. I am honoured to be your shieldmaiden."

Her stories around the campfire are told with fire and passion, but with a certain lack of irony that suggests a very simple world view. Still, she is nice enough.

As preparations to enter the pit commence, Nan is briefly embarrassed to hide her true form again in lizard skin, but when she sees Jeb in his new form, handless and massive, she is reassured. Soon, she is once again a troglodyte. She begins the high keening song again. Her shield takes flight, circling her, and she lifts her spear to signal her readiness to descend.

Spoiler
Show
She casts Alter Self and See Invisibility, uses her wand of Endure Elements, and begins using Inspire Courage (with Inspirational Boost).

Inspire Courage: +3 morale to will saves vs fear, to attack rolls and to weapon damage rolls for all of us.