Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
Relevant video. yes, most of my information is wrong. Thank-you for letting me know that the servers are Microsoft provided.

Has the servers stabilized since this video came out? Since the game seemed to require EA Origin tokens to connect to games, I assumed EA had something to do with the servers. My mistake.
I had maybe one, two issues with server connectivity throughout the hours I've played of the game. Respawn has stated that they're actually performing maintenance on the servers tonight.

Joe's a personality, so while he knows what he's talking about, he also tends to get very angry (for lack of a better word) at minor issues. To my knowledge, he's not in a very populated area. I'm near Seattle, and he's not too close to any Microsoft Azure installations (it's cloud servers). That would definitely result in less than ideal ping; I haven't gone higher than 50ms of ping, however, so I'd say I'm set.

Overall, the game is solid, simple, and balanced (aside from a couple elements that are totally up for debate, nothing is overpowered). Matches are super fast-paced and while battlefields are open, they never feel empty due to the abundance of AI roaming the fields.

It's really an interesting game to play. Kind of like Tribes without hills.