View Single Post

Thread: Junkyard Wars in the Playground I

1. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Junkyard Wars in the Playground I

Quote Originally Posted by Gwachitallemall View Post
    Good enough, so basically, if I can extrapolate from that, then, anything that is a class or race that says sneak attack anywhere in the name (not the description) will count. Stances and magic items only count for extra points, not to start off the full process. Seem right?
    Correct. That's the ruling I'm going to be working from for this specific episode.

In a slight deviation from the norm (though not entirely), entrants and spectators alike can PM me with an ingredient combination they'd like to see in future episodes. I won't guarantee that it'll be used as is, at all, or that the requester will get any kind of credit for it, but I'll gladly consider any and all requests for future episodes.

EDIT:

Just asking to confirm, there's no fluff or back story needing to be in the final build?
    I missed this somehow.

Fluff or back story is at the entrant's discretion. Will writing an epic poem help your scores, or would it be better to just lay out the bare bones and let the build speak for itself? That's up to the judges. I can say that putting some fluff and glitz in your entry, notes as to specific build synergies, an additional section with "alternate suggestions" in case certain things are allowed in personal games where they aren't here (Item Familiars, flaws, alternate rule systems like fractional saves and BAB, etc), all of that may make your build appear more stable and give the judges more to think about when it comes to how to accurately judge your build.

It's the user's guide to the airplane. Sure, it may only have three buttons and a throttle. However, it would still be nice to have an operator's manual.
    Last edited by Kazudo; 2014-03-20 at 10:24 AM.