1. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Why you no like Lyradis? Razdis and I are very close. Brothers even.

Yeah, I was doomed from my second roll, as I feared with my first. My only hopes is that a critical helps things.
    I like Lyradis, but you know... I also like winning.

In any case, you did better than Orin, so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Just a little disappointed. ; . ; I was looking forward to hearing all about 'da great monmon' though I like Jamaican culture enough to name on of Vanavati's kids Tafari. And if you know who Tafari is without google, good on you
    Yeah... I tried, but the results were so terrible I decided not to insult every living Jamaican.
    Alternatively, it would be safe, and indeed logical, to assume that they have their own language in addition to the common tongue which is likely only spoken by learned individuals such as The Wise and priests, etc., and even then only when talking to foreigners. As for why their native tongue bears similarities to a Jamaican accent, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I was amused with the idea of non-island fantasy Jamaicans, so I went with it. They miiiight not be trolls, though.
    Of course they're not trolls. I'm too lazy to write fluff for a fantasy race.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Automatic internal trade for one. The second is that since we now act as the Federal Government we each technically rule every region within the federation. So I could use actions to build temples in Woodwind for example, or ImperatorV could raise troops from Genivana. We could use Curiosity 5 to add a resource to any of our regions, etc.
    Except, with the jurisdictional issues that keep popping up in countries that have been united as one for centuries (looking at you America), I don't think that would work out. Technically, we can already build things in and for other countries, we just need to ask permission, and I think people should continue to have to ask permission, even if they're federated.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-20 at 05:06 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!