Okay; my group has played the game several times and has come up with a nice big set of questions: some are nitpicky, but most (hopefully) are significant. After reading the whole thread, I've eliminated about half of them, so here are our remaining questions. (Apologies in advance for the length of the list - and in spite of that, a dozen times as many thanks to Rich for a highly entertaining game!)

================

If Elan uses Poorly-Planned Illusion to move creatures, must they move in any particular order, or can Elan decide the order they end up moving and stacking into the new room(s)? (I'm assuming that in whatever order they are added, they must go on top of any existing monsters in the destination rooms, as Rich stipulated earlier.)

---

On discarding loot:
When discarding a loot card that says to discard it to get a schtick, must the loot be equipped first, or can it be discarded from the Loot Stash at any time during your turn? ( V's "Valuable Knowledge" loot allows him to "discard to draw one schtick..." - must it be equipped for him to discard it and get a schtick?)

Similarly, what about discarding three drools' worth of ordinary loot to get a schtick: must that loot be equipped first, or does it matter?

(These "equip to discard" questions were points of contention in our gaming group, particularly the first. I say that "discard" means putting the card in the discard pile, regardless of whether it is taken from your Loot Stash or your Equipped Loot.)

---

Can you use Area Effect schticks in the first battle upon entering a room? Page 18 says that you use Attack and the monsters use Defense. Is this an exception to the normal conduct of combat, where you always use Defense in the first battle upon entering a room, or does it mean that you cannot use Area Effect schticks for that first battle?

---

The Gratuitous Nudity card says, "This card counts as a match card for the Hide schtick." Does that mean it boosts Hide, or what?

---

If Elan's Poorly-Planned Illusion moves monsters into Safe Haven ("Battle Size in this room is always equal to 0"), do the monsters go away, or do they sit there waiting to attack?

---

When the cards run out in the Loot Deck or the Battle Deck, is that it, or should discard piles be shuffled and recycled when necessary? (Or not shuffled but recycled?)

---

Xykon has two red Xs - are they irrelevant, since you must keep him for bragging points, or can he be exchanged toward a schtick in addition to the bragging points? Or, since the dungeon is collapsing, is it impossible to acquire more schticks?

---

Page 27 says, "Starting from the room in which Xykon was defeated and moving upward through the Dungeon, each Monster left in play is discarded." Does that mean all rooms on each level, or just the rooms on the path out of the dungeon?

If it's all rooms, should the monsters be removed, and the Loot be dropped, in any particular order? (The question is mainly only relevant in case the Loot deck runs out.) For example, should we have a house rule to vacate each level starting with the lowest and working up, and going from the left-most room to the right-most room on each level? Is there a method preferred by the game designers?

---

Are events such as card effects resolved as instants or interrupts? In other words, do effects generated by Screw This cards, schticks, equipped Loot, etc. take place immediately in the order they are played, or do they resolve in reverse order of play? (I can't remember the exact situation where this came up, but it had something to do with one effect possibly countering or magnifying another.)

---

When two Roach monsters are played in a battle, say an ordinary roach and the roach king, how do you decide which one goes to the very bottom of the battle stack and which one is second from the bottom? (I can imagine a rules literalist going crazy over the paradox.)

---

The FAQ appears inconsistent on how 'I Forgot They Could Do That' works with Leader and Horde. I agree with Uthrac and The Giant that once monsters are in play, they should not be un-played.

Would it be fair to say that when IFTCDT is played to negate either Leader or Horde, that the battle size is reduced accordingly, but that if the decrease results in a smaller battle size than the current battle stack, the monsters already in play simply stay where they are?

So if the battle size were normally 3, but it became 5 because of Leader or Horde, and IFTCDT is then used to negate the Leader or Horde after 4 monsters have been played, then the battle simply commences with 4 monsters in the room.

If that's agreeable, then can we get the FAQ updated to reflect this, in response to the question "Q) If you use the Screw This! card that allows you to negate abilities, how does this work for Leaders?" The consistency and simplicity of such a ruling would be appreciated!

---

When a non-Monster Xykon's Lair card is played in a room, and it gets flipped when the last monster is defeated (thus deactivating its effect), is it subsequently un-flipped and re-activated if a player enters the empty room again and triggers a battle?

---

Both Page 17 (PvP assistance) and Page 13, rule 2 ("you must offer that player *a* Loot card") seem to imply that you can only offer each player one Loot per battle. Page 17 rule 2 says "...assistance beyond the offer of one Loot card..."

Does this mean that PvP assistance is limited to only one Loot card per assisting player? If so, does this only apply to PvP? (The FAQ "Can you give more than one loot per battle?" states that you can offer multiple Loot to the same player.) If PvP assistance is NOT limited to one Loot card, then perhaps the FAQ answer should also stipulate that.

---

mikecyr's question on range and Bloodlust (post #59) seems to need an errata entry. The text on page 12, "any result that would lead to a win for the Monster is instead considered a draw," contradicts Bloodlust's text. I propose that the errata should reflect that since the Monster is out of its range, its Bloodlust would not apply, except in the Area Effect scenario described on page 18 (as the monsters are working together in response to the area attack).

===========

Much obliged for any help!
-m