1. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of the Galaxy (IC) - A Solar System of Supernaturals

BenFicu
    The Rise Of A God

Spoiler: The Ripples
    Show

In Universe: Written by a Unknown Seer, to be found in many eons.
    Actual: Modified Modified 'For Want of a Nail' by Full Paragon

For want it was lost.
    But what if,
    Because it was?

For want of a pause, leftovers became a message.
    Because of the pause, the leftovers stayed.
    For want of a the waste, There were none to catch.
    Because of the waste, the eyes were caught.
    For want of the catching, others were seen.
    Because of the catch, the eyes didn't see.
    For want of blindness, others grew bold.
    Because of the blindness, others were weary.
    For want of caution, others were struck
    Because of the caution, no blows did land.
    For want of another, they were too wounded
    Because of the peace, there was speech.
    For want of health, they were struck down.
    Because of the speech, they stood on.
    For want of a pause.
    Because of a pause.

It was waste. It was what was left. Not enough for even a field.
    It could be given a spark, given to show others.
    Goodbye child.
    No. No. No!
    Won’t Go!
    Caught. Slowed. Held.
    Joy.
    It's thoughts were basic. But that would be remembered. It was a small accident. But the pause was there. Calculations were wrong. The Messenger was at the wall, not in the fields.

---
    Spoiler: New Purpose
    Show

In Universe: Ben'Ficu's creed: For all a purpose.
    Actual: Modified 'The New Colossus'

"Give me your scraps, your junk,
    Your massed leavings wanting a new purpose,
    That which you left for that a golden age,
    Send these, the refuse, far-flung to me,
    I extend a hand through utopias door."

’I'm Calm. I Think. I Watch. I Grow.
    The play. They are more.’

How dare?
    Something comes. To hurt. Large.’

’But hit friend.
    ’Catch!’

The asteroid was slowed instead slamming into the cloud that was it, it would no longer impact another, instead it was caught within the ‘waste’ that was Proto-Ben'Ficu. There was little of the asteroid. But it made it grow ever so slightly. It thought... Better… Faster... More...
    ‘I will catch all!’
    The strikes heated him. They cooled him. They shaped him. They added to him.
    Matter of all kinds made up it’s form due to the impacts, and within itself it hid other gifts that were hidden. Tiny creatures from beyond. Templates for life that did not last but would be remembered. Pockets of gasses so that he needed not rely on others.
    But they stopped coming.
    There was more waste, not too far. He willed it to him and they came. He felt joy as he noticed all that could came to be him, all the cast off, the waste in the darkness of space. Altogether, hundreds of tiny voices behind his own, slowly willingly subsumed, each altering him ever so slightly. Each wishing growth, his rage was cooled.
    "That is it all... I can grow no more... But now what do I do?"

---
    Spoiler: Return to Grace
    Show

In Universe: Ben'Ficu's Creed: Return to Grace
    Actual: Return to Grace, by me.

"Beyond the scars I do look,
    To the beauty they took,
    I see the purpose forsworn,
    For hope you thought forlorn,
    Open your eyes you I hold,
    And let me grant you the grace to be bold."

There was pain in being shaped; there was pain in becoming one. There was pain in the burning and freezing of his being, and because of this, it had let itself heal any which way, giving it mountain peaks that would pierce the thickest atmosphere, and deep trenches where pressure would make air liquid.

"This will not do. It won't do at all."
    It had lost it's company in becoming one, the voices were mostly gone for it did not know how to keep them. And so he wished to have something he could watch or to which it could talk and play, but he could not do so like this… And it would give him a new purpose.
    And so in the moments where time was fluid, time ran fast, mountains wore down, shifts of millennial happened in moments, heat surged as light impacted more than it should have, and he manipulated it. Plains of sand from mere dust to that which one calls rock formed and mountains became ranges. Some plains fused as they became glass and mountains cracked and exploded as they heated and cooled, reactions that should not occur did, and then the warmth bled out and time did slow, water falling in the craters left behind.

And from his memory and from his desires, life sprang to being in all it's glory. The survivors were small but mighty beyond what one imagined. Some stayed as one, some joined together. Some kept what made them one as they joined, some subsumed each other into a single one. Some joined as single ones and were subsumed again, some joined together but remained separate, working together... And in the heat trapped by will and dense air, life thrived under the light of a candle.

But in the dark it was cold.
    And the cold was death.
    Those who forgot the dirt died, as did those too big to hide. A few however fed so well that they simply rested, coating themselves in the lightest layer of sand and resting. And such was the speed of the rotation, than many strode ahead of the twilight, staying in the warmth.

And so life went on in the time of many lights, and much was quiet. The time of the time of the chasing lights came again and life thrived, a cycle of life and migration or hibernation...
    It looked, and to it's senses all was good... There was pain, but there was growth. Niches were filled, everything was...
    The new planet-god looked unto the sky, and spoke his first actual words, spoken in the language of the gods, and reverberating in the darkness of space through the void between planets.
    "I am Ben'Ficu. I have purpose."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-04-01 at 08:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.