Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
Okay. So. We're facing down a god-killing abomination who seems to be quite real, several very, very powerful wizards, and at least three divine entities who want a piece of the action. The fate of the world does seem to hang in the balance pretty substantially. And I wouldn't put it past Rich to give some sort of subversion of the typical Saved the World ending. But I do think this story is going to end well. And I have more proof than the Oracle's (shaky) prophecy that Elan will get a happy ending.

Check out the last panel on this comic. Unless there's something I don't know about goblin lifespans or flash-forwards in time, I'm pretty sure this last panel is many years in the future. And it would be tough to claim it as a retcon before the story got serious, since this was definitely after the Snarl was introduced.

Maybe everyone had already agreed on this. Maybe not. Just bringing it up. Thoughts?
While that is proof that that particular goblin and hydra are not unmade, it doesn't really say much about how the story ends. For all we know the would could vaporize and they escape to the riftworld.