Quote Originally Posted by BenjCano View Post
I actually thought about that. At first I was supremely amused, because I thought the answer could possibly be Lawful Good characters who failed to measure up, and were working in the Debate Hall Where You're Always Right as straw men in sort of a "work-release" program.

Then I applied the same logic to the Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands and thought to myself..."Wait a minute! That would mean that the celestials are pimping!" And it troubled me.
This doesn't necessarily follow. The people in the Debate Hall Where You're Always Right have a job which involves losing debates repeatedly. The very structure of the Debate Hall Where You're Always Right involves it being extremely enjoyable for one person and sucking for the other, which is why the question of who else is in it even comes in in the first place. It's fun had at somebody else's expense.

Meanwhile, everyone going to the Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands is going for the same thing. The enjoyment doesn't come at anyone's expense, as it's a cooperative venture between two people to advance both of them. Thus, there's no problem.