View Single Post

Thread: Captain Marvel versus Wonder Woman

1. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Default Re: Captain Marvel versus Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    How is Nu52 Diana compared to the other JLA big dogs, by the by? Because, if memory serves, Flash is still massively FTL, Superman is still some degree of FTL or at the least lightspeed and J'onn should be hanging with either one of them. If Diana can fight any of those three guys even halfway serious, she should stomp Carol.

Like I believe I mentioned in that GoG thread, a heavy hitter Carol is not.
    I doubt New 52 Superman is that fast. He is not connected to the speed force and he gets injured by grenades. J'onn is not part of Diana's Justice League and it is implied that he is stronger than all of them put together. The power dynamic is simply not the same in New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    That is unfortunately not helpful, as the Animated series/universes/movies typically run on different power scales, and the flash point paradox's universe was an else world anyway.
    And also not being the same Captain Marvel.

And yes, there consistent, until they get cosmic, and then it's just what ever that writer wants to do at the moment, which is how one minute Thanos is a universe level threat and then another time we see him he's getting soloed by Squirrel Girl.
    Squirrel Girl solo-ing powerful villains is a running gag. It's just a joke. It's not meant to be taken even halfway seriously.

And come to think of it regarding Carols energy blasts, on top of a speed advantage and the bracelets, doesn't Diana also have lighting in the New 52 as part of being Zeus's child?
    Zeus' lightning is part of Diana's power up, when she removes her bracelets. If anything, it's a disadvantage for her, because it's something Carol can explicitly absorb.
    Last edited by Shinken; 2014-04-04 at 05:08 AM.