Level 38

The little girl nods warily "it was ... There... There used to be more, but..."

She looks back and then a few moments later the groups hears a scuttling, she clearly turned to look at where it would come from before it could be heard "there used to be many of us... but now there's... just me. There are the people in Twist town but... I ran away when the Lower-Ones attacked. My mummy said that the storm outside made using the gift too dangerous for me... but the other guardians were dying, burning out and being killed by the Lower-Ones... oh Emperor... when I was running away from Twist town I could still hear the ... the people dying. I..."

She falls to her knees and her head barely peaks over the rancid water "I'm so SO sorry, we failed you, I failed you... please don't send me to be eaten by the Emperor, please, oh Emperor, please!"

She tries to collect herself and continues "my mummy got away but she was bleeding and I couldn't stop it... she just... went out... she didn't get to tell me anything... I couldn't do anything... now I'm the last Guardian... I'm so sorry we failed you."