1. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Born of the Three Thunders - understanding the feat

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    Scorching Ray can affect multiple targets, and has no reflex save. Also, reflex partial, as opposed to reflex half aren't affected by evasion.

Kelgore's Grave Mist has a decent sized area, and no saving throw.
    Yes it does - and a 1 round / level duration, so if used at level 6, a fight that lasted 6 rounds might have an interesting effect at the end.

Scalding Mud (Sandstorm). Similar to transmute rock to mud, the only save is if the mud falls on your target from the ceiling (Ref for half). Even if they make the save, your target is either still submerged in the mud or has to walk across it.

Ice Darts (Frostburn). Ranged touch attack, up to five darts, half [cold] damage, Save/SR = No.

Elemental Dart (Dragonlance Campaign Setting). Similar to ice darts, but Save is Fort Half, SR Yes.

Kaupaer's Quickblast (online article). Ref save, but it autohits, already does electricty damage, and can be cast as a free/swift/immediate action.
    It has to be acid, cold, fire, electric, or sonic damage, so I think that invalidates Scalding Mud. It either has to start out Electric or Sonic, or be something upon which I can use Energy Substitution.
    Ice Darts good, similar to Scorching Ray. That's a keeper.
    Elemental Darts has the same problem as Scalding Mud.
    I doubt my DM would let me use something from an online article if it's significantly different than PH / SC material, but I'll look that one up.

Many blessings on your camels!
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2014-04-08 at 04:47 PM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)