Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
I'd say that the thunderclap occurs when you cast the spell, and the rest of the effect remains. Alternatively, I would rule that it only effects instantaneous spells, or I would evaluate non-instantaneous spells on a case-by-case basis.

Re-reading the feat, I would just say that the spell applies only to instantaneous spells, or spells that deal their damage instantaneously, with certain exceptions. There is really no way to explain continuous sonic damage, after all. Lightning bolt born of the three thunders would send out a bolt and a thunderclap. I would also allow the feat to effect spells that allow repeated (like call lightning), but not continuous, damage. Those spells would get a thunderclap each time they deal damage.
Spells like Lightning Ring (it deals damage to everyone near you, and lets you shoot lighting bolts) would either be unusable with the feat, or, more likely, I would only allow the feat to apply to the generated bolts, and the full effects of the feat would take place each time a bolt is generated.

What your DM doing, though it may apply to a strict reading of the feat, is rather unkind.

The ruling closest to the intention (besides "instantaneous only") is that the sonic effects occur each time the spell does damage, and possibly dazes you each time as well.

You shouldn't worry about it too much, though. Most damaging spells don't have a duration, and especially not electricity spells.

You should, however, bring up the point of spells like Call Lightning (there are a few that sorcerers get), which basically cast lightning bolt each round. I would suggest asking your DM for this ruing on spells such as that: The first bolt stuns enemies and dazes you, and the following bolts still deal half sonic damage, but nothing else.

Also don't forget that sorcerers take a long time to use metamagic, which might be a problem, unless your DM says 0-level metamagic feats can be applied instantaneously (unless that's already a rule).
Using BotTT will be a full round action for me, but it won't be a higher level spell. We're using spell points so that means it will cost normal cost.