Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
"Actually, we kind of are, but ya've got a point. Maybe we could go somewhere?"
"You're looking at me for any kind of forward planning? Something's wrong with this picture."

"You know Bridle Shores better than we do, Blades. What are the sights?"

"Yes, I suppose that helps."

With the two of them working together, eventually they finished the pair of familiar-seeming snow ponies. Flare gazed at them admiringly.

"It feels strange and frivolous to do this, but pleasant. I can see why you young ones enjoy it... Perhaps I should create more. I feel it is good for me."
"It's like...building things. I suppose it is building things. It is strange, I know what you mean. Do you think...it's the design that makes it real to us? Like if we thought of them as just piles of snow, they'd lose meaning?"

The Knight Commander's face contorted with fury.

"You allow your lawleepers to put profit before their duties? Any Knight found to have wittingly and willingly permitted illicit activities could consider themselves fortunate to be expelled, or at least allowed to keep any of their possessions during their exile. If your country does not enforce its rules, it is not inexplicable why you attract the vermin you do..."
"The way you worded that implies you think we like it any more than you do." Contrary to Blueshield's reaction, Snowstorm looks at the edge of tears for some reason. When she takes a swig of her drink, one had best hope that hers is among the alcoholic ones. "Imagine living in this slime pit your whole life."

She paused, then shook her head. "I digress. My apologies. To get back to the main topic, wealth can only do so much for one other individuals dare not associate with. It is impossible to bribe the truth, and when it spreads to other influential ponies, they will either take action or risk losing their own reputations."
"Reputation would have to be based on morality. That means a system where the greatest power comes from seeming like you do right, not just being able to shout down anypony who disagrees. More to the point, that means enforcing that ideal once the top of the top gets to the top, except that you can only rely on the top to do it. It's like a massive Prisoner's Dilemma, except everyone has agreed not to confess." She drains her tankard and nickers softly. "Huhn. You probably know travel laws better than me. Is it too late to move to Mareabia?" Fortunately, the drink has stiffened a few bits of resolve, and as it stands, she's barely half-serious.