So, I'm a little further into Dark Souls 1 - just beat the first post-tutorial boss. Can't say that I'm completely loving it or don't have complaints (the total lack of a way to pause the game in particular is completely inexcusable), but for what it is, it's not bad. I have some questions to ask, though.

Is there any place where I can sell items? The one merchant I've run across so far doesn't seem to have an option to do so. If not, what am I supposed to do with all the unnecessary items I'm building up?

I see that wearing armor doesn't seem to inhibit my spellcasting in any way. Is there any reason for a mage-type in this game to wear more mage-looking gear, or is it like Fable, where there's just no reason to wear that instead of armor besides aesthetics?

How important is picking up the repair kit that first merchant has for sale? After dealing with that boss I'm sitting on more than enough souls to buy it, but if it's not important I should probably just level up instead.

Speaking of, what kind of stat spread should I be aiming for with my leveling? Being that I want to go for sorcery, I'm assuming I need intelligence and attunement, and the stat that gives health also seems like a priority. What about the rest?

Speaking of sorcery, I haven't found any as yet, though I did run across someone who could've taught me miracles. Did I just miss someone, or is it actually further into the game? My one pyromancy spell doesn't seem to power up based on my intelligence, so I think it's probably important that I get some sorcery spells soon, lest I fall behind the power curve hard.