Quote Originally Posted by - Eon - View Post
Good idea. Don't really know where I should write this though :p
Checked some source books (well one, found it on my first try - complete divine, page 30, Consecrated harrier). They seem to put it at the end of the class features. They have code of conduct and multi-class notes (not relevant here) there.

Now on to reading the changed features!

Serenity of Io, me likes.

Breath weapon, not exactly how I meant it, but I like it. (Maybe exhausted is a bit too strong for a successful save? Make it fatigue - And make it a (much) longer time asleep for those with less than half the guardian's levels (or something in that direction).

What I originally meant: Some dragons (the metallic ones at least) have two types of breath weapons (Brass have Line of Fire or Cone of Sleep; Copper have Line of Acid or Cone of Slow; etc), so what I meant was allowing the guardian to choose which to take (or give them both). But really, I like your idea, which basically gives two of them to all guardians.

[Maybe compare your idea with the original breath weapons? Too lazy to do so myself right now.]

Seeds of omniscience, good name (;-p), I was thinking on that one, and maybe have additional uses... but then again legend lore has some serious downsides which this does not... so might be right... kinda on the fence on this one.

Touch of the ages, I'd still like to see the positive side to this one (like I said earlier, maybe once a year, maybe even add some alternative cost or something). As for the affecting spell thing... just an idea... (maybe something for the mostly empty level 9? A ranged ability to affect the duration of spell effects?).

And now to the thing you actually asked...

Calming Aura
I like the immunity bit, both fluffy and useful.

What I'd make of your current description is that it's always on (if the guardian desires it to be). When the guardian attacks, it fizzles. And then it'll be up again when the guardian stops attacking and spends a move action to put it back up. (Am I right? Maybe make it a bit more clear. Am I wrong? Make it a lot more clear.)
The problem sentence is "but it lasts as long as the guardian of the ninefold cycle does not attack.". Maybe make it more along the lines "the aura is instantly suppressed when the guardian takes hostile actions" or something like that. [And add something about how long after hostilities the aura can be resumed, if there is a delay at all]

Two things I'd like to have cleared up/changed:

Moving in and out of the aura: How does that affect people? Do they notice? Do they get a new saving throw?

What happens when the guardian puts the aura up again after hostilities? I assume people get a new saving throw, but should they get a bonus if they were the target of that hostility or saw it happen?

Overall, I like it. Last worry for me is if the capstone abilities are strong enough as you lose a level 8 and 9 spell for it (that level 9 spell would get you a better version of the dragon form with shapechange (well originally you'd be a lower age category, but you'd be in it for about 20 times as long and you can change to different forms). See my advice at "touch of the ages" and maybe make dragon form last 1 minute extra per caster level or something like that?

Oh, and I'm a fan of giving the guardian darkvision (+60ft) and low-light vision (stacking with already possessed versions thereof), maybe at the original blindsense's level 2? Very dragony, not overpowering, I think.