Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
I think Type is the way it is specifically because Wargaming needed a prize tank for various competitions. It's not competitively viable so that's not an issue, but it is one of the best moneymakers (though since the last round of nerfs, significantly worse at that and now regularly loses to Jagdtiger 8.8mm and is about on the same level as Löwe & T34 credit-wise, see here) so it's a fairly ideal prize. It's also a good all-rounder so it offers something for almost everybody, which is quite convenient for a prize since anybody can win them and people don't really have control over what they win. Changing it to bring it back to sale would certainly be an option but then they'd need to come up with another prize tank from somewhere and that, I believe, would be more trouble than it's worth for them.

I think their approach is rather to introduce new, playable premium mediums for Tier 8. Still kinda waiting on that front, of course. T-34-3 is kind of a travesty (who even plays T-44-122 anyways) and FCM 50t lacks the camo to play the typical Med roles so while it certainly fits the "mobile paper tank with great firepower" archetype, there's another niche that would need filling. Honestly, I don't care either way, though Tier 10s in Type would be kinda annoying since you'd need gold to pen them when not flanking (which isn't always an option), which kinda defeats the purpose of a credit farmer. Yeah, I already shoot the occasional gold shell when the situation calls for it but with Tier Xs you'd have to shoot a whole lot or just accept that you're not going to be able to contribute in some games.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Type 59 G, well, let's just say it hasn't done too smoothly in China (what with teammates often killing any Type 59 Gs they see). I don't think the game needs such ridiculous multipliers anyways, nor extra copies of the same tank.
I just thought the Type 59 G made sense as a prize because of the multipliers. The regular Type doesn't make sense as a prize because more people than just prize winners have it. As you said, it no longer makes the most credits, so it's not the ideal prize in that sense. If you wanted to not be bothered about controlling what people win just offer the equivalent in gold and let the player decide. As it is, I see no reason NOT to bring the Type 59 back into the store.

As for your comment on the Type 59 facing tier 10s, there are already tanks that need to load gold when facing tier 10s, or even tier 9s (looking at you KV-5 and SP). And neither of those tank's armour means much in tier 9 (I have a massive bone to pick with the KV-5 (I do well in that tank btw) in that it's weakspots besides the R2 are easy enough to pen, so why does the R2 exist?)). The Type, however, has the speed to flank AND more pen than them to boot, all combined with decent armour. There isn't any real reason to limit it's matchmaking, because it can still do well with a decent amount of effort in higher tiers (the Super Pershing becomes a massive pain to drive if you're not top tier). The Type has the pen and speed to still be effective in tier 10, unlike the KV-5 and SP.

And WG's replacement for it- the T-34-3- I played it in the test server, and there is nothing it does better than the IS6. It's role has already been taken. Honestly, all they needed to do was put in a Type 59 with less armour

I'm not going to respond in depth to the clone tank comment. There are many reasons why most people want a Type- they don't just want one part which the "clones" of the Type offer. They want the full package.