View Single Post

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Sticks tries with little success to ignore the sky blue flush reaching his cheeks. It's doubtful that's real blood still flowing through his veins, but it produces a lovely color. He turns aside and pretends to fiddle with one of his shelved toys, narrowing his eyes at the feigned disturbance. Jim remains in his peripheral vision. "I suppose I enjoy some skill in the craft. Hm. Yes. I-it's just..." He holds up one of his hands, glancing sidelong as his apprentice. "People don't like. These. The way I look." He's not even going to start on magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Fourth Tower Compound]

"A collection! Yes, the great god of Arbil likes a collection of oddities in nexus. Useless to the eye, but the great one can unlock their true power. What he needs is three of the following goodies:

Red half-dragons Harnel's adamatite bar.
    A bra owned by human woman Charity.
    A pair of socks owned by cyborg named Magtok.
    Boxer shorts owned by drow called Kirk.
    Dress owned by halfling girl called Lily.
    Antlers from fey being.
    Werewolf fur.
    Vampire hair.
    Hair from pony mane.

Just three of these! You got that?"
    Bigfang asks.

The Toy Tinker

Jim snorts. "So? When does that matter at all? There's at least five worlds I know of which would kill people like me on sight, and that doesn't make me a bad person."

Fourth Tower Compound

Arty would actually deck this person if he was in front of him. The first would be priceless; no sane person would give that up and an equal number of people would have it unguarded. Two he's at least heard of the person, but Three and Four are so vague they could match hundreds of people in theory. Five could be simple if any fey behave like normal stags; they'd drop their antlers once a year anyway. Of course, spring is when they're growing them back, so it's unlikely they'd still have them around. Which means the last three were the most doable. The very last he could probably do in about fifteen minutes if he could phrase a request for it well enough. Ponies were always very generous, even though his anatomy often freaks them out a little.
    "All right, if I completed this for you, would I just speak to you again or would you want me to do something specific with these objects?" he asks calmly.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-04-24 at 08:01 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]