Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
The problem wasn't that he celebrated rape. It's that the most important woman in the strip was raped as part of her backstory and that some consider his treatment of the character to be poorly done. No one thinks he supports rape and Goblinslayer cartoonishly talking about how much of an evil torturing rapist he is should have given that up.

It's just kind of annoying to see this so often in media, especially when it's done incompetently. I understand that Thunt was trying to deal with an issue that affected him deeply but I don't think it was handled well.
Wait, people think Kin is the most important female character? Doesn't she first appear in Book 3 or something? Mind you, I guess Fox doesn't appear that much sooner but I always thought of her as a more "main" character.
Either way, I actually thought he dealt with it really well. Most times it's in a story people feel the need to have tons of un-needed details. In this instance, the details were implied until Goblinslayer bragged about it, and none of it was actually shown. Of course, he was also dealt with. And the alt Kins allowed the story to show various different points of views and ways to react to the same kind of traumatic even, which I felt represented very well how different people build their lives back in different ways.

It seemed to mostly get criticised by people who didn't react and rebuild in the same way the "main" Kin did, and who pretty much acted like the other Kins did (which to me goes to show once again how accurate Thunt was).