View Single Post

Thread: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

So, over the course of putting this post together, I developed serious second thoughts about the whole thing. If it doesn't work, then we can just take it as a joke - "Hey, look, the Fighter's 1/4 of a class! Har har har!" I just wanted for something like this to exist because most of the fighter feats are really underwhelming or require lengthy chains to do anything interesting, and I figured that Battle Focus Trissociates might appreciate being able to save their Focus Features for more Trissociate stuff or to spam Battle-Hardened.

Also, as you'll see, a whole column of this table would go to waste for Battle Focus Trissociates. I'm okay with that. For a Trissociate with a Battle Focus. (On the other hand, we could also axe or replace the middle column if it dilutes the differences between the foci too much.) One possibility for improving it would be to raid the Fighter Fix Feature Compendium, as I mentioned before.

Fighter Association
    Spoiler
    Show

Fighter Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    Level EFL Special
    Starter 1 Battle Student
    1 2 Bonus Feat
    2 3 -
    3 4 Bonus Feat
    4 5 -
    5 6 Bonus Feat
    6 7 -
    7 8 Bonus Feat
    8 9 -
    9 10 Bonus Feat
    10 11 -
    11 12 Bonus Feat
    12 13 -
    13 14 Bonus Feat
    14 15 -
    15 16 Bonus Feat
    16 17 -
    17 18 Bonus Feat
    18 19 -
    19 20 Bonus Feat

Battle Student: You gain an effective Fighter level equal to your Trissociate level for the purposes of taking feats. This stacks with actual levels of Fighter or effective Fighter levels from other classes, if you have them. Additionally, you may gain proficiency with one type of armor or one martial weapon of your choice. If your focus already grants you proficiency with heavy armor and all martial weapons, you instead gain proficiency with one exotic weapon of your choice.

Bonus Feats: At 1st Associate level, you gain a bonus combat-oriented feat. You gain an additional bonus feat every two Associate levels thereafter (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, and 19th). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. You must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums. These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels, being a human, and so forth. You are not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing feats not granted by this feature.
    Last edited by Durazno; 2014-05-02 at 10:07 PM.