View Single Post

Thread: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Durazno View Post
    I like the delayed effective fighter level progression. With the changes you made there, do you think it's usable?
    Probably. I'll see if the others have any comments, and if its alright, include it in the next update.

As for your Eldritch Blast conundrum, (2) is a workable solution, but the increasing fortification and change of creature type are kind of huge mechanical things to try and refluff. I mean, the idea of turning into an eldritch being of pure dark magic is pretty awesome, and could be noted as an adaptation option with the Savant even if you go with the other solution, but it doesn't quite work if a player just wants to be a warlock who's picked up a few martial maneuvers, you know?
    I was actually thinking of dropping the Elemental Immunities for option 2. Since Eldritch Blast packs far more offensive potential than Elemental Strike. You can swap the energy type add on some really nasty debuffs (Frightful Blast early on, Noxious Blast is pretty much save or lose, repeat every round), but its a SLA rather than an SU, so is subject to SR (but there is Vitriolic Blast for that).

I think it would be best to go with (1) and just add a note that says, "look, there are some horrible tricks you can pull with this, so I recommend not allowing your players to take Eldritch Glaive."
    Hmm... If I do that, I should probably a homebrew invocation to replace it for melee warlocks

Edit:

Changelog 4 May 2014
    -Mental BAB reduced to low (also the text had a leftover artifact on perfect armored caster which has now been removed)
    -Battle and Skill Focus final Mastery Points reduced to 20
    -Elemental Savant and Worm that Walks now have a 1 point Elemental/Vermin Strike as a starter ability. They also have feat support to combine their strike with other spells/spell like abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Elemental Strike Combination:
    Requirements: Trissociate Elemental-Savant Associate
    Benefit: By spending a full round action, you can use any standard action Elemental Strike and take any one other standard action of your choosing. However, your Elemental Strike only does half its normal damage. You can choose to use your Elemental Strike first, or to take the other standard action first, in whichever order you prefer. You can still only use Elemental Strike once per round. Spellcasters commonly use this feat to combine Elemental Strike with their spells. For example, as a full round action, you may fire your Elemental Strike ray, and cast a standard action spell, although your Elemental Strike ray only does half its normal damage.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

-Added Fighter, Eldritch Blast and Magic Dilettante
    -Invocation revised to accommodate Eldritch Blast
    -Soulknife now has this talent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Reshape Mindblade Abilities: Normally a Soulknife Associate must spend 8 hours in concentration in order to reassign the weapon special abilities of his mindblade. However he can speed up the process by spending Mastery points. By spending 3 Mastery points, he can reassign +1 Enhancement Value as a free action (6 Mastery points for +2 Enhancement value, etc). E.g. Lets say that a Soulknife Associate has Mind Blade enhancement (+2 bonus equivalent ability), which he has assigned to Defending and Keen (+1 each). He can spend 3 Mastery points to change Defending to Vicious. Or he could spend 6 Mastery points to reassign both Defending and Keen to Wounding (+2 in all).

-Ozodrin now has this talent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Automatic Mastery Talents
    Rapid Form Reshape: By spending Mastery Points, you can accelerate the process of reassigning Ozodrin Form points. As a free action, for each Mastery point you spend, you can reassign 2 Form points.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-05-04 at 12:25 PM.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit