View Single Post

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

[Jacob the Mute?]
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    It doesn't take any more than that to summon the homeowner. A middle-aged man with dark-red hair and dark circles under his dull brown eyes answers the door, motioning for Mark to enter. Once inside, the man leads him to the living room, which is currently empty save for a desk with a chair and a small stack of books related to vocal anomalies, both physiological and psychological. He retrieves a pen and a pad of paper and begins scribbling furiously. A few moments will pass before he hands over the pad, which reads as follows:
    After being graciously received, Marcus eyes the books and their titles. He takes the note and reads it a bit faster than most might. His face then lights up in a grin. Handing the note back to the man, Mark unstraps his staff. Taking his bag in one hand, he uses the staff to hit it gently. Three books levitate out from the bag, which appears as though it shouldn't have been able to hold them all.

"My guess is that if it's a curse, it's at least pretty close to one of the silencing ailments found in these." he says gesturing to the floating books. The books open on their own and Jacob might see a glowing symbol along each of their spines as they tilt toward the wizard flipping to certain pages. He begins to pace while looking at the books. "I'd bet it's a hex, but that's just me. We'll start with some pretty common disjunction magic. If it's a bit stronger, or a different type like something you ate that stole your speech we'll move on to more power stuff like serious dispelling. Now let's see..."

Mark stops in front of one of his books, labelled 'Kerrigor's Hexes and Afflictions vol. II'. Mark mutters under his breath as he rereads part of the book to make sure. Then suddenly he juts his staff out towards Jacob. A sigil should appear on his midsection and glow very brightly for about four seconds. As it dims, Marcus retracts his staff, and turns to regard Mr. Vane.

"How we feeling?" he asks, expectantly.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-05-16 at 05:57 AM.