1. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV Voting thread

1st Place: Instinct Disciple
    Simple, straightforward, and easy to use, there's nothing wrong with this class, other than perhaps a few grammar or composition errors. The idea is clear and concise, and good at what it does.
    2nd Place: Mehndi
    Though possibly not as in-depth as the other racial entry, the Mehndi wins me over in clarity and culture. I like the idea, the mechanics, and the decisions you made. Hell, I'm rolling one up for the campaign as we speak. There's something about the philosophy that seems lacking to me, though since I can't put a finger on it, I'll just call the feeling "jealousy" and be done with it.
    3rd Place: Bravosi Water Dancer
    Though there're several nitpicky things that are "off," I have to say I love the idea and the direction. The major points against you are the inability to actually pull off the Insight check, lack of function for Fear Cuts Deeper, and some slight design errors with Blade Defense. Still, I enjoyed the idea and the direction of the class, even if the execution was perhaps a little off.
    MLTSP: Instinct Disciple
    Though I'm rolling up a Mehndi for the campaign, I don't know that it'd normally see that much play. But I love dex builds, and the Instinct Disciple is right up my alley. I think it's also a little more appealing to the general population, but that's just me.
    Most Unique Entry: Haz-Adul
    This entry was so peculiar, unique, strange, and intimidating that I don't really know how to judge it on power or utility. I want to love it, and it seems to work ok, but I feel that there's a lot of overwhelming information that would make actually playing one seem complicated or awkward. Perhaps it's just me or my personal preference. You definitely made a proud showing in your first entry, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

Most Hopeful would be the Blade Juggler
    You have the possibility for a really interesting class here, but a general confusion about the mechanics and eligibility of options really shot you in the foot. We provided a little guidance, but it didn't seem to make its way to paper, which was a bold decision on your part. Your prerequisites are atrocious, and your abilities don't work well or function like anything should really function... I feel that the class is so close to being really, really neat, and I hope you post it elsewhere and keep working on it.
    Last edited by gr8artist; 2014-05-16 at 09:09 PM.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist