1. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXIV Voting thread

1st: Instinct Disciple. There are some minor issues (Instinct Pool's meditation seems like it's missing a pass/fail point as suggested by its last sentence), but overall it does exactly what it's intended to do, has enough variation of options to work for a large number of different types of characters, and looks like it'll be fun doing it.

2nd: Mehndi. It fails one of my personal requirements for a well designed race, in that it has a bit too much focus on one aspect - being really good at weapons - but since that's, well.. the point of the contest there's room for leeway. Outside of that it's flavorful and clean, with only a few small editing details to polish out.

3rd: Exotic Expert. Honestly, my primary complaint with this class is that it has way too many options for a 5 level affair. Aside from that, the only problem I see with it is that there are permanent class options that are affected by a score that will change regularly, and everything else looks good.

MLTSP: Instinct Disciple. I can't say that I would personally ever use this, but it's exactly the type of thing that many Dex-builds would kill for.

MUE: Haz-Adul. This is seriously some major information overload, and I think it fails the same design point that Mehndi does, only to a much, much higher degree. To put it simply, there's no real room in making this character for anything other than an up-in-the-face melee, despite the plethora of options. That said, it is amazingly flavorful, and with another few polish passes it would be something incredibly cool to play with in a game.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2014-05-17 at 10:38 AM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...